JA Company Program provides basic economic education for high school students by allowing them to organize and operate an actual business. Students not only learn how businesses function, they also learn about the structure of one enterprise system and the benefits it provides.
JA Company Program offers students aged 15-19 the opportunity to learn how to move a business idea from concept to reality. The program provides teachers with a series of learning-by-doing business, economics and entrepreneurship activities, a great way to help students succeed in a global economy.
Purpose & process
By challenging the students to solve a problem in their community through a business venture, the Company Program unleashes their entrepreneurial spirit. Students experience running their own company (for one academic year), they discover first-hand how a company functions and gain an insight into how their talents could be used to set up a business.
By bringing business volunteers in the classroom to share their experience and mentor, students get a better overview of career opportunities, what skills are needed to succeed and they start to consider entrepreneurship as a potential career opportunity.
They elect a board of directors from amongst their peers, raise share capital, and market and finance a product or service of their own choice.
At the end of the program they present a report and accounts to their shareholders.
Students learn to:
- Raise real finance by selling shares
- Open and use their own company bank account
- Carry out market research
- Work together to create their business plan
- Develop their own product or service
- Market and promote their product or service
- Trade with the public
- Manage the company finances
- Take part in trade fairs
- Compete with other schools in ‘company of the year’ competitions.
- Learning outcomes
Students can develop enterprising skills, attitudes and behaviours, including:
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Communication and presentation skills
- Confidence and a can-do attitude
- Teamwork and leadership
- Negotiation and decision making
- Setting goals and time management
- Risk management
- Curricular or thematic relevance
JA Macedonia Годишен извештај 2021
JA Macedonia Annual Report 2021
JA Macedonia Raporti vjetor 2021
JA Macedonia Financial Statement 2021
JA Macedonia Annual report 2020
JA Macedonia Financial Statement 2020
JA Macedonia Bi-Annual Report 2018-2019
JA Macedonia Financial statement 2018