The JA Europe Company of the year competition is going virtualPosted on: 12/05/2020
For the first time ever, the 31st JA Europe Company of the year competition is going to take place online, due to the pandemic crisis. The national finalists will compete for the title Company of the year from 22-24 July. The competition will have all the stages of the JA Company of the year competition, adopted for virtual space.
Last year, more than 345,000 students took part in the JA Company Programme across 40 countries. Throughout the school year, students produced a product or developed a service, created their own company and managed their business from start to finish.
Besides the Company of the year award, student companies can receive one of the signature awards:
- AT&T Excellence in IT Award – which recognizes the student company that demonstrates the best innovation-driven concept, with strong business potential and sustainability as well as viability and scalability
- Delta Innovation Award – which recognizes the student company that has the most innovative and effective approach to solving a problem, a solution with the potential to prosper and an international prospect
- FedEx Access Award – which recognizes the student company that best exhibits the principles of global connectivity
- ManpowerGroup “Ready for Work” Award – which recognizes the team that has best built work readiness skills during the programme
- Alumni Leadership Award – the Award is given to outstanding individual students showing that extra initiative and leadership during the program.
- EDP Green Entrepreneurship Award – awards mini company that embodies the principles and spirit of green entrepreneurship to the highest extent.
- Fundação AGEAS Social Innovation Award – recognizes the student company that has the most innovative and effective approach to solving a problem
- SONAE Social Entrepreneurship Award – recognises the student company which demonstrate a passion to change social patterns to make them more inclusive and environmental friendly by introducing new products/services or technologies, or by having a different approach than the traditional one
The 2020 Company of the Year Competition coincides with the 15th anniversary of JA Portugal and promises to be a double celebration of events!